Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Specifics...

Wowzers! What a fun week!

 I’ve had many things happen. It’s amazing how when you’re living with the frequency of attraction how things happen almost instantly!
 
A few quick examples of things that happened to me include dinner. LOL. Last week I wanted food. Just to see what showed up. I could just go to the store and buy whatever I felt like, but that’s no fun.

On Monday I walked out of my loft onto the main street level almost right into my neighbour in the next building. She owns a local restaurant and is an amazing cook! So when she invited my up for Black pepper caramelized chicken
  and rice, I was all over it.
 
During the course of our dinner she mentioned that she just wanted to empty out her freezer and fridge and cook all week, but not for herself (her daughter is away at school). She then invited me over every night for a fantastic dinner. It’s been awesome!
 
Every month I set goals for my business, and I attracted the right people into my life to ensure that they happened by the end of the month!
 
Finally I did something which is going to be the subject of this blog. And that is being specific. And not hesitating to shift things along the way.
 
I really want to leave my part time job. I’ve been there almost 11 years. Yes, I make a lot of money, but I’m miserable there. It’s not me, and it’s not what I went to school for. So I intended to be presented with a new career. And within two weeks, I was. The job posting was for a new media and communications officer at a local college. It was a fantastic job. Amazing pay, all the perks of working for the school – but I didn’t want it.

What I wanted was to succeed in my various businesses and that become my new career. Looking back I now see that I wasn’t nearly specific enough. I applied for the job anyway as I intended to be shown something different, but I think they have someone else in mind for the position.

 
Since then my business have taken off, I am going to have an amazing February!
 
What can you take from this?

When you attract something into your life that isn’t exactly what you want – just tweek it! As soon as I realized I attracted a job I didn’t want I acknowledged that I did ask for a new career, but then shifted my intention to something more specific. Or course I was grateful for the offer, but I spent my focus and energy on attracting something more in alignment with what I want. In a related article ViSalus CEO and New York Times best selling author, Ryan Blair, talks about changing your strategy and adapting your plan along the way. Check it out here: http://ryanblair.com/blog/becoming-a-successful-entrepreneur/
 
Don’t forget to make a list of things you are going to manifest this month! If you want split the month into two, that way it will seem like things are happening faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment